6/25 Kishwaukee River Wade Outing

If weather  and levels allow we’ll be meeting at Blackhawk Springs off Perryville Rd. If necessary we’ll split into groups and go from there. We’ll shoot for 8am. as a meet time. More info to come as the date draws nearer.

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/RQwti12dPiydsf7W7

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a definite solid hard iffy maybe. You know me. I cooked on south branch Genoa area yesterday stained. North branch was stained also several days ago upriver. I'm still blaming things on last year's drought not allowing river flushes.

Well with excess heat you will have some bad stuff bloom and heat may kill some  good weeds in shallow water also. On eddies that don't flush and keep spinning you will have a combo of cottonwood tree fuzz and algae slime. I don't bother casting in those spots. 

Just got clearance from boss to attend tomorrow.  Wet wading conditions on Kish look optimal.  Looking forward to it.  Are we meeting at the pin drop location above at 8 am?  Terry, do you need me to pick you up?

We should have a “National Kick A Weather Person In The Buttocks Day”, and I, Terry Dodge, nominate the last Saturday of June, to be that day. 
I’m There we’re 3 of us on the Wade today on the Kishwaukee River. Rain started off light and just kept on increasing as the day went on. We stuck it out for about 3 1/2 hours and brought nothing to hand. I did enjoy showing Bart and Spencer some good areas, well, I guess good fishy looking areas. Ha! We took what Mother Nature thru at as and still managed to enjoy ourselves. No fish brought to hand. We had a few that were hitting short but no takers. Bart and Spencer were tossing flies and I stuck to the spin gear tossing Tubs, Ned’s, and even a top water just for the fun of it. I will say that fishing in the rain kind of made me feel like I was 12 again. Maybe next time.D79ECAB0-0A2A-4E3F-85F5-DE8895F7F6C2.jpeg

AC2F03AE-A565-408D-B96F-41894081DFFD.jpeg

Murphy's law was definitely in effect on Saturday with great fishing weather all week until Saturday morning and our outing.  I kept out hope that the light rain wouldn't effect the water quality but the light rain turned into a steady rain for most of the morning clouding the water substantially and dampening our hopes.  

On the good news side the area desperately needed the rain and Terry graciously showed us several terrific fishing areas on the Kish I had never fished before.  It was great meeting new ISA member Spencer as well.  Thanks Terry for showing us some great water despite the bad weather.