New Member: First Smallmouth on the Fly (Earlier Summer)

Ryan S

Hey ISA fly people. Been a long time conventional angler, I have started making the dive into fly fishing this year. Its been a great and difficult learning experience. The fish I caught this year weren't as big or plentiful as previous years but that made each even more special. Here are some pics from the first fish I caught on the fly.. an Illinois smallmouth. Cheers. RyanIMG_1789.jpg.9d0fa01fdf6d5ed9b200f9d11087752e.jpgIMG_1790.jpg.bf5f17ecd2c96ab3ade4886437ea897c.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg.854e07603791748b5654d9c77b4f7400.jpg

On 12/12/2020 at 5:40 PM, Ed Buric said:

Welcome aboard Ryan, while we are not a fly fishing club per se we do have a very active fly fishing sub group. Once we are able to resume activities we will have quite a number of activities for you to enjoy and learn more about fly fishing.

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the welcome

On 12/12/2020 at 8:22 PM, John Gillio said:

Congrats on that first smallie on the fly. I never expected to enjoy fly fishing nearly as much as I  have come to. Sounds like you've got the bug. Whether you are throwing flies or lures, you have landed on the right place.

Thanks for the welcome. Definitely caught the bug. Much to learn (and many questions to ask).