Very easy baitfish pattern

Hey guys, just messing around with materials and came up with this. You could tie up a half dozen of these in 15 mins. Just some congo hair, or EP, or craft fur tied in right by the hook eye, then a couple wraps of "Baitfish Emulator" tied in there as well. Wouldn't hurt to throw in some more flash, but that emulator has a lot of it. Ryan

25rjg9h.jpg

Guest rich mc

it does looknice what eyes are those as they seem multi colored.? . i saw a similar fly that had a red core as a base color with the white tail and body and senyo ice for the head it that eerie bleeding look to it as the red shown thru . i never would have guessed it to be 5 inches . rich mc

ill

it does looknice what eyes are those as they seem multi colored.? . i saw a similar fly that had a red core as a base color with the white tail and body and senyo ice for the head it that eerie bleeding look to it as the red shown thru . i never would have guessed it to be 5 inches . rich mc

The eyes are "Fish Skull- Living eyes". Yeah, I tied something somewhat similar before. You could just do exactly what I did here, but just wrap the hook shank in red dubbing or chenille, and it would probably just bleed through perfectly, and still be a two minute tie.

Awesome bug! Where do you get baitfish emulator? It does not look like a 5" bug. A nice big target for the churned up waters in early spring. Looks like a simple version of the Barto Minnow.

I purchased it so long ago, but probably through Jstockard, as thats where I get most of my tying stuff. To be exact, it's 4.75", but could easily be bigger, I left a pretty short tail of fibers. I still cut the emulator flash a little bit after the flies finished, to give it a more tapered look, otherwise you have a nice tapered fiber tail, and then the palmered emulator is kind of squared off. Thats just me, you could very well leave it, and just let the water blend it all. Ryan

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/item/SM-760230-0000/65500/Hareline-Baitfish-Emulator-Flash.html

I purchased it so long ago, but probably through Jstockard, as thats where I get most of my tying stuff. To be exact, it's 4.75", but could easily be bigger, I left a pretty short tail of fibers. I still cut the emulator flash a little bit after the flies finished, to give it a more tapered look, otherwise you have a nice tapered fiber tail, and then the palmered emulator is kind of squared off. Thats just me, you could very well leave it, and just let the water blend it all. Ryan

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/item/SM-760230-0000/65500/Hareline-Baitfish-Emulator-Flash.html

Thanks man! I will enjoy perusing the site.

Thanks man! I will enjoy perusing the site.

Thats a great site, always $5 shipping, unless you spend greater than something its free. Good selection, prices, and their customer service is great, and shipping fast. They also have monthly coupons, or deals for customers, that are actually very worth while. Also, every dollar you spend gets you a certain percentage back, and it actually adds up. Wow, you would think I was sponsored by these guys, but ask my wife, trust me, I'm not. Like most companies I purchase from, I return to companies with good customer service. Ryan