Getting Focused

Mike G

With a new season coming on, this always helps me get focused.

"The ancients wrote of three ages of man; I propose to write of the three ages of the fisherman. When he wants to catch all the fish he can. When he strives to catch the largest fish. When he studies to catch the most difficult fish he can find, requiring the greatest skill and most refined tackle, caring more for the sport than the fish. The first age is always true of the beginner, the second during the most vigorous part of his life, while the third occurs in the more mature years. The pleasures derived at this later age may be even greater than during earlier life. Unfortunately few fish long enough to reach and enjoy this last age. ..."

Title : A Trout and Salmon Fisherman for Seventy-Five Years.
Author : Edward R. Hewitt

There is a 4th stage and I have survived long enough to reach it,grasshopper.

most definitely, and may we survive long enough to reach the next stage.

There is a 4th stage and I have survived long enough to reach it,grasshopper.

If there is a 4th stage, master, pray describe it as master Hewitt so ably described the 3rd. For many are they who claim to have seen it yet can speak only of faint shadows glimpsed through the bottom of recently emptied glasses just before sleep fell upon them.