Small East Branch Results

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

on June 2nd as part of river clean up days. we will remove some larger items from the dupage river . this is at green valley [75th st ,west of rt 53 in naperville. ] we will fish first then move the trash we find to the shore to be picked up later . fishing will start at 7 30 . meet in the parking lot past thedog run area. post if you can make it rich m

Guest rich mc

same place.just a few bags will be needed, the scouts will be doing a section south of 75th.we are mostly concerned with a few tires, metal cylinder and more irrigation pipes. rich

Are there smallies in there? Pardon my ignorance, since I am not from the area. My girlfriend lives right down the street from there and I've driven over that river quite a bit over the last year or so. And to think of all the times I could have fished for an hour or so on the way to her place.

I'll be there to help out on the clean-up. Paul

Guest Don R

If the current band of severe storms hits the east branch fishing won't really be an option for this event. Don't let that stop you from coming out to help with the clean-up!

Wilson!

A sucessful outing & cleanup thanks to Steve Spiz, Matt K, Tim N, Dick G, Don R, Paul S & myself. Area from Hobson rd. to 75th st. was MUCH cleaner to start with this year. A couple of large items were left behind but a sweep of the area produced the usual debris. Tim took some pics - perhaps he can post them. Oh- we all caught some fish as well. Thanks to all who helped. John

Thanks to all that participated in this clean up. We had members John L., Paul S., MattK., Dick G., Steve Spiz, Don R., and myself meet Sunday morning for a little fishing/clean up action. The area was in relatively good shape, so the trash was very manageable and easy to remove. I believe we all caught fish and the variety seemed to be the story of the day.

Dick and Don getting a little preclean-up fishing in.

Don came across a full twelve pack.

Matt, Steve, and Don.

Thanks everybody.

Hey guys, do you see how easy it is to wade fish and clean up at the same time. I will guess that a plastic bag of litter would go a long way toward pacifying an angry farmer, land owner or park ranger if you are accidentally wading in an area of questionable access.

Sometimes it's OK to break a man law. Dick G with a beautiful smallie from the clean-up :P

Dick if you learn how to hold your fish out when a picture is being taken, the way Don does, you can easily make a fish like that look at least a quarter of an inch bigger.

Not only did I catch the smallest smallmouth on the Dupage system Saturday, but I believe I also caught the largest smallmouth. When all you sissies went home after the clean up, I fished the West Branch in Naperville for a few hours before setting out on a real fishing trip on the main branch until sundown. This fish is more typical of what I catch!

The big one was closer to 16. Twelve hours of fishing and that was the only quality fish I caught Saturday! The litlle guy goes at least 3 and 15/16 ths".