Frank

North West Outing on April 21st from Cherry Valley

FYI we’re looking into the calendar issue and hope to have it fixed soon, looks like last nigh’s storm didn’t raise the water levels too much which bodes well for Saturday’s float ?

I will not be able to make this event.

You boys have fun and catch a lot of smallies.

Calendar seems to be working good whether or logged in or not.

Thanks, Scott.

Yes the gages remained relatively unchanged after yesterday's precipitation. Snow is better than rain as it melts off slowly and is easily absorbed by the ground. All branches of the Kish can be in play if anyone has preferences. Mostly sunny and increasing temperatures going into the outing should make for good pre-spawn bass fishing. Many techniques could work like jerkbaits or swimjigs. along with the consistent plastics bite. I don't think it will be topwater time yet. Perhaps those still fishing later in the day might want to give it a try..

Water temps are still cold so I recommend bringing an extra set of dry cloths in case of a mishap..

It looks like we will be invading the Kish with a decent sized armada. So far its is me, Paul T Sr, Norm, Frank, JCarrol & a buddy, Jake B & a buddy, Eric, and solid maybe from Joe R, and Jude has been all over this post but at no point was there commitment to attend. Either way it looks like good participation for what should turn out to be a nice spring day. The river is  flowing at a perfect level to float and as clear as you'll ever see it in the spring.

Such a large group. This might help....

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 8.51.35 AM.png

The orange (Appleton to Cherry Valley) area is an all day (6 - 8 hours) trip and could have some down falls to portage from last weeks wind storm.

The green (Cherry Valley to Kish F.P.) area half day (4 - 6 hours) and is the most used route

The purple area (Oak Ridge to Kish F.P.) is a half day (4 - 6 hours). This is the south branch flowing into the main branch, and is about the same distance as the green area. Could have down falls to portage.

The blue area (Kish F.P. to Atwood) has slower moving water, islands to beach and wade and may take just a little bit longer than the green area to fish. 3/4 day trip, 4 - 7 hours. Note: the canoe launch at Atwood is kind of a steep drop. Careful as you get out. 

The red area (Atwood to Hinchliff F.P.) slower moving water, a tad deeper than the average, connects to the Rock.  Note: the canoe launch at Atwood is kind of a steep drop. Careful as you get  in. The bad thing...... There is quite a bit of a hill at the take out to carry your boat up to the parking lot.

You boys have fun. I wish I could take part. Maybe I'll try to slip in for breakfast.

My buddy is a no go...... something about a bachelor party tonight and guaranteed hangover tomorrow. I'm still in.