North West Outing on April 21st from Cherry Valley

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently all branches of the Kishwaukee are in great shape. We survived the rain that came through last night but more is on the way tonight. The rest of the week looks pretty dry so unless the river does up 2-3 feet, we should be good.  Extended forecast looks like mid 50's. Light waders will be helpful to stay dry while paddling and getting out in spots to wade. The cool temps will make it comfortable to stay in waders for several hours. I would like to get a head count of who is coming by Thursday. .

Not too sure. Kind of looks to be a little cool and I don't believe I have ever seen any evidence of

northern Illinois smallies being caught during cold/cool weather. You might be able to squeak out one or two, but anymore than that

is near impossible and if anyone claims to have caught anymore than that, well then......... It's just a flat out lie.

Sorry, this is all I have to do with my life at the moment. :)

I won't do breakfast but I might surprise you and float Baumann to Kish F.P.

We'll see.

It is also in the calendar as well. Below is copy& pasted from our ISA calendar:

This will be the NW region's first outing of the year. We will meet at the Cherry Valley Café at 9AM and work out pairings and shuttle from there. The date is subject to change due to unpredictable spring water levels. Cherry Valley offers close access to the north, south and main branches of the Kishwaukee River. We can recommend trips ranging from 3 hours to all day depending on your schedule and fishing style. Call Paul Trybul if you have questions 815-540-7775.

I'm a definite solid maybe LOL.

Gauges stay the same I'm better than 50/50 to make it, which is pretty good for a last minute change your mind fisherman like me which ever way the wind blows literally. Haven't fished Kish yet this year that's unusual for me.

Agree Frank, if so could be really good float conditions on Saturday,  unfortunately won't be able to join for this float as wife and I have longstanding plans to be out of town this weekend.  The stars could be aligned for this one,  however. Best of luck to everyone!

5 hours ago, jude said:

Thanks for the help, Terry. For some reason, there are no events at all on the calendar when I pull it up. Hmmmm...conspiracy?

This is not like the old website. You must be logged in to view events on the calendar.

Need I post pictures?

I am logged in. I see the calendar. The calendar that I see is blank. Every month of it is blank. You just don't want Frank and me to join you 'cause you know we'll catch all the fish. I'm on to your shenanigans.