Good Read

John Gillio

Rich, two quality booths across from each other could cause a traffic jam. 

Rob, this is the book to buy if you want to improve your chances at catching fish. I am still researching for my book, which would be more for entertainment than anything else. It would be called, "River Dance and Other Oddities of Riverine  Origin". With your blessings I would like to include a photo of you with an Asian carp Double on an arrow. Is there a proper name for that?

On 3/8/2018 at 7:04 AM, rich mc said:

tim had his tightline booth across from me last weekend at the hawkeye fly show   his stack of books vanished real quick.

Tim Holschlag?

John, can you compare it to Holschlag's book?

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

Tim Holschlag?

John, can you compare it to Holschlag's book?

I believe Rich meant Tim Landwehr being he coauthored the book with Dave.

Being I have not read Tim  Holschlag's book I cannot compare the two. I can say that this book's main focus is on methods, tactics, techniques, and fly types for fishing the three columns of water (surface, middle, and  lower) under different conditions and seasons. It also spends some time discussing where to find the fish in different situations. The book has a mid-western  feel to it. There are contributions by Luke Kavajecz, Nate Sipple, Kyle Zempel, Bart Landwehr, Tom Anderson, KIp Vieth, and Captain Austin Adduci. It also includes good interviews with Chuck Kraft, Lefty Kreh, Larry Dahlberg, and Mike Schultz,

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 7:02 PM, Mike G said:

Are we there yet?

I'm only 1/3 thru the new book, but I'll give you a hint, I'm going to need a new highlighter because there are a ton of little gems to be found on almost every page.  Very useful and detailed information with this one.