Outdoor Fall Fishing Attire

SKollmann

During the increasingly chilly temps during this Fall season, I have refrained from taking my new boat out on the water without proper attire. :(

That said, I do need attire to stay warm in the late Fall and early Spring when fishing from my boat comparable to what hunters wear. Any suggestions how to stay warm while on the water, but remain agile in reeling in fish?

Browse the hunting clothing sections of Cabela's or Bass Pro or any other of the shops that stock hunting gear and you will find what you need. Most of the new clothing is lightweight, breathable, and synthetic fiber which allows plenty of freedom to move around. Layering with this stuff will allow you to be out in any kind of weather. I hunt ducks and geese from now through January and have no trouble keeping warm. Good luck.

dress in layers. wear windstop polar fleece garments. wear wicking undergarments. do not wear cotton next to your skin, when wet they have a negative thermal value. wear a hat. wrap your neck. timothy troester

i leave extra room in the waders to layer in a blonde, brunette and redhead.

been getting by lately with a tee shirt, long sleeve henley shirt and hooded sweatshirt when the layers can't make it.

my boat goes naked, i dont put any attire on it!!! it would be hard to cast if it had a cover on it. smart ass rich

I'd suggest a thin under water wicking undergarment like under armor or one of the cheaper knock-offs. They are very comfortable, easy to maneuver in, and extremely warm. I wear them from early fall until mid-winter when I go duck and pheasant hunting. The only thing that changes is what I may wear as outerwear. A jacket was too much on Monday when I went pheasant hunting and had to discard it and just use my long sleeve shirt. It's really a great way to go.

Rich,

All boats are sexier when their nekked. Makes one drool.

By the way, if anyone is thinking of getting rid of a Jonn boat (>14' but <18'), I might be in the market. I may be getting rid of my 14' V-hull in favor of a Jonn boat so I can use it for hunting. The V-hull would have too high of a profile and I'd need to camo paint it. I'm still on the fence with this one.

i leave extra room in the waders to layer in a blonde, brunette and redhead.

been getting by lately with a tee shirt, long sleeve henley shirt and hooded sweatshirt when the layers can't make it.

Norm

Also you should have a gun along with which the b,b,& r can blow their brains out.

PS In order that we don't lose you as a member make sure you toss them the gun from heavy cover.

5mm bootfoot neoprene waders(Cabelas)for winter wading. Unlined neoprene gloves will insulate even when wet.If you can locate a pair those with the index finger & thumb that can be pinned back will allow full hand dexterity for reeling etc.