trout fishing for kids

Once again Don LaBrose of the DuPage County Forest Preserve District has asked us for some volunteer help for his Trout Fishing For Kids program this year.This year the program will be for kids 15 and under only and will be held a week before the Illinois stocked trout season opens,in other words FOR KIDS ONLY.This program will again be held at Grove Lake in Wood Dale Grove Forest Preserve from 8:00 am till noon Saturday March 26th.This is a wonderful opportunity to get out and help our youth to get introduced to the sport of fishing.

Anyone interested in helping out for this worthwhile program can meet at the South shelter at Wood Dale Grove Forest Preserve at 7:20am on Saturday March 26th to be briefed on the mornings activities.

Ed Buric

You can PM me if you have any questions.

We can meet at the Sunmist restaurant for breakfast about 6:15 before we head over to Grove lake.

Ed,

Wasn't the resturant closed last year? I remember no one being there and being really hungry all morning...

It's nice they are making it just for the kids for one day.

I might be able to make this again, course I'll have my own kids in tow...

I plan to be there again this year. I think some of us talked about this event being for kids only and this year it is! I love it! That's the whole point of this event! Hopefully it won't be rainy...that really put a "damper" on things...ha ha ha. I also like talking to Don on what's going on for this year.

See you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again Don LaBrose of the DuPage County Forest Preserve District has asked us for some volunteer help for his Trout Fishing For Kids program this year.This year the program will be for kids 15 and under only and will be held a week before the Illinois stocked trout season opens,in other words FOR KIDS ONLY.This program will again be held at Grove Lake in Wood Dale Grove Forest Preserve from 8:00 am till noon Saturday March 26th.This is a wonderful opportunity to get out and help our youth to get introduced to the sport of fishing.

Anyone interested in helping out for this worthwhile program can meet at the South shelter at Wood Dale Grove Forest Preserve at 7:20am on Saturday March 26th to be briefed on the mornings activities.

Ed Buric

You can PM me if you have any questions.

I will be having breakfast at the Sunmist restaurant on Lake street in Addison at 6:3o am before heading over to the TROUT FISHING FOR KIDS outing Saturday March 26th.Everyone that wishes is free to join me there and I did check to make sure the restaurant will be open.

This is a very worthwhile activity and I would urge anyone that can to take part.you won't regret it.

http://dupageforest.com/NewsReleases/District_to_Host_Free_Trout_Fishing_for_Kids_Event.html

http://local.yahoo.c...porated-addison

I will be having breakfast at the Sunmist restaurant on Lake street in Addison at 6:3o am before heading over to the TROUT FISHING FOR KIDS outing Saturday March 26th.Everyone that wishes is free to join me there and I did check to make sure the restaurant will be open.

This is a very worthwhile activity and I would urge anyone that can to take part.you won't regret it.

http://dupageforest....Kids_Event.html

http://local.yahoo.c...porated-addison

Just a quick reminder that Saturday is the TROUT FISHING FOR KIDS event .Even if you are only able to help out for only a portion of the morning come on out anyway.Should you come out ,dress warm it will be cold.

I plan to come out. I won't make it for breakfast but I'll be out there to help. Jim

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

We had eight members beside myself show up to volunteer on a bitterly cold Saturday morning. In spite of the cold over one hundred and ninety kids as counted by Don LaBrose showed up to take advantage of this program. For a lot of these kids,this was their first exposure to fishing and our volunteers were absolutely fantastic in helping those that needed guidance to get started. In spite of the cold quite a few fish were caught and a lot of kids had a great time. A lot of the thanks goes to our member volunteers.

A special mention should go to the indefatigable Craig Holderness who worked the whole morning without even taking a break from the cold. Thanks to everyone that volunteered today, everyone there was outstanding.

Ed B