Popper Mania February 20th

Rob G

What else are you going to do on a day like this? Actually we got off quite lucky compared to the snow and ice amounts of others. Anyway, had a chance to play around with the Gary Krebs foam popper jigs that will be available at our Popper Mania Day. See the event calendar or the Central IL Region Fly Tyers meeting schedule thread within this forum for more specifics.

003-2.jpg?t=1296679127

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to mention to those that are interested in coming to our February 20th fly tie in Urbana, that this would be an excellent time to bring in or tie up some flies that you could donate to the ISA. These flies are used for auction items and promotional give-aways.

Also please bring all materials that you might want to use in order to dress up your poppers and crease flies. We should have some cylindrical foam, hooks and some flat foam for you to play with. Hope to see you there.

Speaking for myself and the dozen or more that were able to make it, I think all had a great time. We were able to learn a few new techniques and all walked away with some very fishable flies. A big thank you goes to BrianJ for displaying his talents with the Crease Fly and Jim Z for exhibiting how to produce commercial grade poppers using the Gary Krebs popper forms. Don't miss out on our next gathering, FLIES, PIES, and SPIN GUYS on March 13th in Bloomington.

009-2.jpg?t=1298261270

014.jpg?t=1298261270

020.jpg?t=1298261270

019.jpg?t=1298262052

Wish I could have been there. I love poppers and those look WONDERFUL!

Looking forward to getting my hands on those cutters so I can get in on the fun, too.

Great job, Central!!

coryg