Bassbuggers 4th Monday Plan & Tie

Hello Chicagoland Bassbuggers,

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I wish you a Happy New Year.

We are resuming our 4th Monday Fly Tieing schedule for the 2011 season.

The next meeting is Monday 1/24/11.

Please note that this will be a Fly Tieing event as well as a PLANNING meeting.

Since we have lost our "home" at One More Cast, we need a good turn out of Bassbuggers, to dicuss a variety of logistical topics.

We will meet at John Loebach's garage in Lombard, IL (near I-355 and North Ave).

Get there between 6 & 6:30pm - we'll order some pizza.

Also, this will be a "Foam Fly Night". I'll lead out on a pattern, but would also like others to bring in there favorite foam flies for the group to see (and tie).

Please come out - we need your input in planning our "Where/When/Who/What" future for the Chicagoland Bassbuggers.

See you there,

CoryG

I plan to attend. Also, I will be bringing rubber leg material for everyone...it's only one color though; white. As a tip, if you have any old bungee cords, cut them open....many of them are made of strands of rubber; perfect for legs or jigs! I don't have any foam....any suggestions on where to pick some up?

Hi Jim,

Michael's and other Craft Stores have 11 x 17 sheets of 1/8" foam usually for less than $1 each. Lots of colors, too.

Here's a tip for you, pickup up a sheet of the baby blue color and use it as a "placemat" underneath your fly tying area. It really helps your vision and focus when tying.

See you 4th Monday!

Coryg

• 2 weeks later...