The World’s Top 10 Smallmouth Spots

Mike Clifford

From In-Fisherman-

Last year in this issue we reported that smallmouth fisheries wereexperiencing a Bronze Age Renaissance across North America. For avariety of reasons, more and bigger smallmouths are turning up from theAtlantic to the Pacific, in the North, and in Dixie. As Al Lindnersays, “If you’re not catching bigger smallmouths than you ever have inyour life, you’re snoozin’.” Our Top 10 aren’t listed in any particularorder. Same for the Second Ten.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/content/worlds-top-10-smallmouth-spots

i think they should do a top 10 on river systems..they (magazines/tv) seem to focus more on lake fishing 99% of the time. to me, there is a big difference between lakes and river fishing.

no offense to the lake boys on here..

scott

I'm a subscriber so I saw this piece. I guess I have mixed feelings about creating these type of lists, although the huge bodies of water they have chosen can probably handle the increase in pressure which could result from this kind of article. Some of the places in my "top ten" might not be able to --and a couple of my choices I would put on par with In-Fishermans ! :-)

I'm a subscriber so I saw this piece. I guess I have mixed feelings about creating these type of lists, although the huge bodies of water they have chosen can probably handle the increase in pressure which could result from this kind of article. Some of the places in my "top ten" might not be able to --and a couple of my choices I would put on par with In-Fishermans ! :-)

hmmm, i never thought about that, the more popular the more pressure..good point..

These bodies of water have been talked about often in the last 10 years and they are still producing the biggest Smallmouths around the globe. With that being the case I don't think this article will increase the fishing pressure on any of these bodies of water. I am surprised that Table Rock Lake is not mentioned as it has a very healthy population of Smallmouths. The Guides post on the local website here with information on what the fish are doing and a general area for catching them. I don't see that happening anywhere else around the country. How about in your areas?

Thanks for sharing, Mike . . . and quite timely! A group of four church friends are heading up to Sturgeon Bay next week. Upon our return, will let you know if this spot is indeed among the Top 10.