Got my newsletter today

I got my new Bronzeback Bulletin today. That thing keeps getting better and better. It's almost a magazine rather than a newsletter. Kudos to Scott. But I had to laugh a little while reading it. It was nice to see one of my old articles being re-hashed. I all but forgot that one but was relieved after reading it that my philosphy hasn't changed. But I was most pleased with the Flies of the ISA and the Fuzzy Bug. I now know that I have officially "made it" as a fly tyer even beyond my Rainy's contract because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Alan Sherman is a tyer after my own heart, no matter how a fly is tied, I can always make it better. Watch for some good stuff from him.

We have nearly 10 years of great articles on file and considering the fact that we get new members continuously, it's a good idea to go back in the archives and pull out timely, quality information that helps our membership. Most people can't remember information from a few months ago so it's cool that we can bring back information that is so good.

I'm pleased that Craig wasn't unhappy that I took liberties with his fly, which has worked very well for me. It is easy to take a good fly and change it by using different materials. It is quite another thing to come up with a fly that is way different than anything else that other people are using. Craig is far more skilled at tying than I am.

:unsure: ....What? :huh:

It's kind'a funny that someone in Georgia gets their newsletter before most of us in IL do! <_<

It is a very good looking edition I must say, though I don't have my copy, yet! ;)

Ha ,

Most of us in Illinois got theirs, just those of dubious character the the USPS holds up the mail. :rolleyes:

It was nice to read the issue in conjunction with Craig's comments. When I signed up with ISA, there were several old issues in the package that I was sent. They were great reading. I am all for reruns like this one. Along with the reruns it might be interesting to publish comments by the authors reflecting their current thoughts.

Now there is the problem of the Hareless Fodder. It will never replace the original :angry: though it has its merits.