flats boots

Norm M

I picked up a pair of flats boots because they were very light compared to regular wading boots. They were ok in slack water but once I got out into some current I started sliding around on the rocks.

I guess I'll try them on some smaller flows with less current and see what happens. I'm not sure how well they would stand up to all the walking in a typical trip with Phil down his way though.

They might be ok for a guy in a yak or canoe who isn't wading a lot.

Norm,

Cabelas sells a wet wading boot that's very light.It's a neoprene boot with zippered access and felt soles.You can size em up if you wear them with waders.For wet wading you'll need to insert cushioned insoles for wading rocky streams like the Kank.Of course they won't last as long as a heavier wading boot but on the other hand they're only $30.

For wet wading you'll need to insert cushioned insoles for wading rocky streams like the Kank.Of course they won't last as long as a heavier wading boot but on the other hand they're only $30.

Neoprene booties work pretty well for wet wading as a cushioned liner and they will keep those damn pointy snail shells out too. Make sure you get one that does not have seem up the middle- blisters from hell.

Orvis makes a really nice pair of wet wading boots. I have had mine for several years now.

I would think with his weight that he wouldn't be moved by the current but it does in fact move large objects at will.

There's a heck of a lot less of me now but enough current can move anything . :lol:

Thanks for the replies from all , well mebbe except the out of state peanut gallery. :lol:

I tried them on a whim wasn't really looking to make a major change , just kinda passing along my experience.

I have learned that wet felt soles and clay banks make for some adventures entering and exiting the river so I'll stick to lug soles for now . It hurts longer now when I bump my bottom on the bank.