Harassment

Terry Rig:

Buy a little bag of 1 oz. Egg shaped sinkers.  Cut yourself off about a 24” section of monofilament fishing line. Tie a 1 oz. Sinker to each end of the monofilament  line. Wad it up and stick it in a pocket in your fishing vest.. When being harassed by drone, toss the Terry Rig straight up into the sky. As the rig comes down it will wrap around anything in it’s path brining it down to the ground or splashing in the water. Works on bats.

Good luck!

Could mean trouble though as I have read that drones have airspace rights. 

Had one over the area I was fishing while in the Oswego area, and once in North Aurora. I got the feeling it was just a hobbyist getting some river footage and I was the only “action” around, so spent a little more time over me getting some fishing video and then moved on. Didn’t bother me a whole lot. Never got close. The buzz kinda interrupted the solitude for a bit. I wonder what the local raptors thought about it.

While kayaking on the Rock River, my wife and I explored a creek mouth and the local residents were drinking near the water and casually tossing M-100’s or quarter-sticks out over the water. They obviously did not want us newcomers in there. That was the single most “white trash” thing I’ve experienced on the water. I’m sure they were enjoying their Busch Lite just fine. Idiots.

Regarding drone “harassment”, if one got so close to the point that I felt threatened by it, it’s going down. All it takes is one cast.

Terry, be nice to bats. They are harmless to us and great for mosquito control. Always happy to see them!

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

Had one over the area I was fishing while in the Oswego area, and once in North Aurora. I got the feeling it was just a hobbyist getting some river footage and I was the only “action” around, so spent a little more time over me getting some fishing video and then moved on. Didn’t bother me a whole lot. Never got close. The buzz kinda interrupted the solitude for a bit.

While kayaking on the Rock River, my wife and I explored a creek mouth and the local residents were drinking near the water and casually tossing M-100’s or quarter-sticks out over the water. They obviously did not want us newcomers in there. That was the single most “white trash” thing I’ve experienced on the water. I’m sure they were enjoying their Busch Lite just fine. Idiots.

Ha! Sounds like some of my kin. Have you ever seen the movie Blood Hook? Slasher type B-movie that takes place in Hayward WI. about a musky tournament. Turns out Wisconsinites do not like Illinoisans. I like the way the movie portrays both stereotypes on both sides of the IL. WI boarder. Check it out. Hilarious. I just might pick up a 30 pack of Busch Lite and watch it again tonight.Full movie on  Tubi and YouTube.