Donate Your Flies for Charity

From the Rock River Fly Casters Club, 

Hey Buggers,

Here's a project my friend Mike Martin, president of Rock River Fly Casters, is seeking help with. I plan to send a dozen or two in myself. Be sure to drop an ISA note in along with your flies so Mike knows. Thanks!

From Mike.....

"I am working on a winter project that's calledDonate Your Flies for Charity”. There are many Non-Profits that promote fly fishing for a way to help their participants recover from Cancer or other health problems, veteran groups and youth groups teaching the art of fly fishing. Rock River Fly Casters will be collecting flies to donate to these organizations, we are not soliciting any cash donations. 

I am asking you to share this information with any fly tyers in your group to help promote this program, my aim for this winter is to collect at least 2-3 thousand flies by the end of April, I have supplied myself with enough hooks and materials to tie  500 flies to start."

Send flies to:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Donate Your Flies                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      c/o Rock River Fly Casters                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    PO Box 5952                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Rockford, Il  61125

Thanks for the help

To those that tye flies and fly fish, here is a link to the ultimate dictionary on fly fishing terminology,  you might like to share with your members:         https://www.redington.com/experience/new-to-fly-fishing/lingo

Thanks 

Mike Martin

From the above site:

Trout flies are always welcome.
Dries - Elk Hair Caddis, Adams, Stimulators in Sizes 10-16
Nymphs - Prince, Pheasant Tail, Hare's Ear, Beadheaded in Sizes 10-16
Soft Hackles - Green, Orange, Red in Sizes 12-16
Terrestrials - Hoppers & Ants in all Sizes
Patriot Flies - Red or Purple
Pink Squirrels or Similar in Sizes 10-16
Tricos - All Stages and Sizes
Streamers

In the midwest some of our favorite species include: Trout, Large and Smallmouth Bass and Walleyes