October Outings ?

k olson

My lack of participation with the club this year is embarrassing, I was unable to attend all outings, due to

Saturday work and a commitment on the only Sunday outing scheduled. I was kinda wondering why there are no October outings on the calendar ? It is the month of big fall pigs correct? Any thoughts ?

i'm ok with a lets hook up outing this Sunday. Any one have a location they prefer? I have 2 or 3 Fox locations that come to mind. Kip its just the way timing worked out. In the past a float outing was in October . The northwest guys just had a well attended Kish float in September. I'd also be glad to wade the Kank. Input?

John L

I think a lot of people like to go at October solo. I don't know that to be fact, it's just the feeling I've gotten

from the Forums over the years.

Kip - I'm sure you know if you'd like to fish up here in the NW Region, all you need do is contact one of us.

Deer season?

I mean if you look at Cabelas and Bass Pro adds, almost all you see is hunting gear. They figure that most people are in a cycle, or they want us in a cycle to sell more stuff. In the retail seasons, Spring/summer = fishing; Fall/winter = hunting and ice fishing. So maybe we get in that cycle unconsciously. On TV Outdoor channels have a similar cycle.

Your question is a good one. A lot of us are in fishing mode year round. So cool and cold water outings make sense for us. Just because the marinas are closed, does not mean fishing is over. Since our spring and summer presentations won't work as well, we have to learn some new tricks. That's all. Getting the hang of float and fly for example. Yeah, you have to dress warm too.

Guest rich mc

I think the reason for less outings is the loss of daylight and the fact that we were busy with a few club events in sept such as cast n compare and hunting and fishing days. and the search for brutus. rich

Hey Terry, I think you right, after I posted my question yesterday, I got to thinking sometimes you really don't want to share the water with others with the possibilities of catching a large smallie.

That, and plus October is kind of "lazy days" fishing. We get out at some point. Early morning is not necessary, the weather changes quite often, plus with the earlier night fall, it kind of limits time for any kind of real scheduling of anything.