WADERS

JOHN SCHENCK

Hello all,

Just joined and its great to know that some still have a mind for smallmouth conservation and preservation. I'm shopping around for waders right now and have narrowed it down to White River "Osprey Waders" for $140. Any one have any experience with this brand or have any better suggestions for around the same price. Thanks all !

I don't have any experience with the white river waders but I have a pair of Cabela's dry plus waders that have served me well for quite a few years.

Welcome aboard,I recommend that you attend some of our many coming events.You will find some really great people here.

Ed Buric

Another vote for the cabelas waders. I have used neopreane for years and my first pair of breathable waders came from LL bean (they were flimsy and leaked). I have been using the dry plus for a couple of months now and am very happy with them. Also I find that cabelas has a fantastic return policy. Just my 2 cents.

I would go with a company with reputable customer service or return policies. No experience with cabelas, but have heard good things. Myself and a few other members have the Orvis sonic seam convertible waders, they are about $100 more than the white river ones you're looking at, but have some great features, and a solid company to deal with. Ryan

I would go with a company with reputable customer service or return policies. No experience with cabelas, but have heard good things. Myself and a few other members have the Orvis sonic seam convertible waders, they are about $100 more than the white river ones you're looking at, but have some great features, and a solid company to deal with. Ryan

This is super important. I second Ryan's advice. I wear Orvis myself. On that note, White River is Bass Pro Shops' house brand, and Bass Pro doesn't even pretend to care about customer satisfaction or standing behind their product. Cabelas, Orvis, and LL Bean are the best to work with and make explicit claims to guarantee satisfaction, with the latter 2 being better at customer service in general than Cabelas.

Anything in Cabela's brand clothing line, including waders, has a lifetime warranty. Keep your receipt and they will give you the full price you paid if they ever fail. If the waders show a lot of wear, they will pro-rate the refund. I took back a pair that were 5 years old with several leaks, but otherwise in good condition, without a receipt and got the lowest sale price they had on them.

I'm still running a pair of Simms Guide waders (8 years on them!) They have been in for repair several times to simms and had lower seams resealed, new neoprene feet, and tons of pinholes patched. When I do buy a new set of breathables it will be from Simms or Orvis. I agree with the above posts that I have only heard positive things about the Orvis waders with sonic seams adn their warranty is one of the best in the buisness too.