Do you think this may have applications in fly tying/fishing?

Rob G

i have been looking for something to protect my dry flys from mustard. this may be the answer! maybe a double coating of the material will keep the fly from soaking up water. i would try it. timothy

Wow! What a waste of gravy!

i have been looking for something to protect my dry flys from mustard. this may be the answer!

Excuuuuuuse Me, Everybody's a comedian here, I try to inform and even educate and this is what I get. Maybe we should try spraying this web site down and see if all these witty comments slide right off of here.

It looks like a product that would keep a fly dry for a long time. How much is it?

Since a coating of turkey gravy is my goto when the fish are being difficult, I would not use it on all my flies. :D

• 2 weeks later...

hats, jackets, pants, waders, fly lines, rod handles, rod guides.

Great ideas, Tom, didn't think about rod guides. Also, kayaks, boats, SUPs...more efficient moving in the water and less blood & spit-up baitfish to clean. Of course, it might be too powerful on the lighter watercrafts, acting like a same-side magnet throwing your SUP or yak right out of the water!

Okay, found an amateur review that is actually pretty informative. Turns out gasoline takes it right off, and a little friction also makes it flake. Oh, and the finish is pretty frosty (not for use on sunglasses!)

Oh yea, and sunglasses--never fogging up or getting steelhead splashes again, unless the product doesn't dry completely clear

I would definitely advise against this. Many of today's sunglasses as well as Rx optical lenses have rather fragile and expensive multiple coatings and without further testing, you might just end up destroying your glasses by applying this stuff. I see this everyday when individuals come into the office with lenses that have been ruined because they heard that using their Aunt Emma's special lens cleaner, (be it acetone, alcohol, Windex, lemon juice or whatever) would be superior to the warm soapy water and a soft cotton cloth that we recommend.

• 3 months later...