Yakima Rack Parts

gordon p

Got a new car ( 2013 Jetta Sportwagon TDI Diesel ) to haul around the dog and new watercraft ( NuCanoe Frontier 12 ) . Had to buy new rack mounts. I have 4 Yakima Q-Towers, Stretch-Kit ( for cars with smaller roofs ) and Q-102 clips that were on my Ford Focus The nice thing about the Q-Towers is that you can use them with different clips for different cars. I am using the round bars from the Ford with the new mounts on the VW so you would need to purchase them separately. The 4 Q-Towers new are between $150-175 bucks. These are 3-4 years old so how about $75 ? the Stretch-Kit new is also around 140 and I'll let that go for $65.00 Check the Yakima website to see what yo would need for your car. PM me if interested

Bart, I believe so. There is an accessory called the Kayak Stacker. The most important things are 1, do you need the stretch kit ? 2, what clips are designed for you car ?

Poke around on the Yakima website. You can find out what you need. Once the rack is mounted you have multiple options. But in terms of size and weight, 2 kayaks should be no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read Gordon's seller rating here:

5 Stars +++++

Prompt, courteous, answered all my concerns, top quality merchandise.

I would buy from him again, and I recommend him to others.

Get the towers from him. And that stretch thingy too.

GORDON, I would be interested, can you tell me if they would fit a 2006 highlander roof rack, I am thinking about buying a canoe and I know nothing about carring a canoe on a car, Dan G

Dan, if your Highlander has 2 rails running the length of the cars roof then the Q-towers are not what you need. If not, then you just need the correct clips. Let me know if you have the rails.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.