8.45 Lb. Smallie

Mike Clifford

Maybe it's just me but that fish doesn't look any bigger than mine from 2011 which I doubt was pushing 9lbs. Thumb on the scale?

That bass was caught and weighed at the Sturgeon Bay tournament, so we can only presume its all legit.

Nice pic from the past Ron! What a pig.

Maybe it's just me but that fish doesn't look any bigger than mine from 2011 which I doubt was pushing 9lbs. Thumb on the scale?

Nice fish Ron, but you have your arm extended and he is holding that pig against his body. Makes them look a heck of a lot bigger when you extend them away from your boday.

I was going to say..pics can be very deceiving. Both are big fish with big blocky builds but scales themselves that are certified don't lie. If true weights are of interest I suggest a scale made by Revive. This scale has proven itself to be very accurate and has good features at a good price. http://www.revivefishing.com . I would have liked to see the true weight on Ron's fish as I'm sue it was impressive.

Yes huge!!!

it's funny about weight on smallies. When you hear guys claiming they caught a 24" or 25" and that it must weigh so and so.

Smallmouth do not get longer, they get fatter (wider). I am really curious to know the length of that fish. The weight is not debatable coming in from a tournament weigh in. Just would like to know the length.

Give Greg Dickson a call at Triangle Sports in Antioch. It's his tournament partner that caught that fish. If I had to guess I would say somwhere near the 24" range. I haven't been able to get one that that hit the elusive two foot mark yet. Here is a link to a write up on the fish http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/05.21.2013/5787/Wisconsin.angler.hooks.-pound.smallmouth.at.Sturgeon.Bay.Open/index.html

Nice fish Ron, but you have your arm extended and he is holding that pig against his body. Makes them look a heck of a lot bigger when you extend them away from your boday.

Andy

Actually it's pretty obvious that it's the shots of the other fish that were taken closer up.