Duplicating a $469 Swimbait

Mark K

I wish he'd have said how many hours he spent making his copy.   I was up in Minocqua at the Rollie & Helen's Musky Shop where I saw a custom musky swim bait that was selling for  well over $100. I asked if they sold very well. They said they couldn't keep them in stock. The guy who made them, kept raising the price to slow down sales because he couldn't keep up with production but they just keep selling.

11 hours ago, Scott Ferguson said:

I wish he'd have said how many hours he spent making his copy.   I was up in Minocqua at the Rollie & Helen's Musky Shop where I saw a custom musky swim bait that was selling for  well over $100. I asked if they sold very well. They said they couldn't keep them in stock. The guy who made them, kept raising the price to slow down sales because he couldn't keep up with production but they just keep selling.

Probably enough hours to make $469 seem like a bargain. Not to mention the tools, the learning curve etc.

That guy doesn't believe in PPE.  No safety glasses, no dust mask.

• 3 weeks later...