ISA Road Trip 2018.

I've booked the Tinkers Dam cabin again for next year for August 11-25. Just like this year, the choices are for a 3 night or 4 night stay. The choices are;

1. Arriving Saturday August 11, and departing Tuesday August 14  

2. Arriving Tuesday August 14 and departing Saturday August 18 

3. Arriving Saturday August 18 and departing Tuesday August 21 

4. Arriving Tuesday August 21 and departing Saturday August 25 

The cost per night will be $30 per person. Deposits will be $60 (or more if you like). Reservations will be on a first come first served basis with consideration given to those who made it to this year's trip. If the demand is there, I'll try to extend the trip as needed. Final payment will be due on June 3. If for any reason you have to back out, all payments are non-refundable unless a replacement for you is found.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to call me 630-209-9452

Send deposits with your choice of dates to;
ISA Road Trip 2018
1506 Roth Dr
Joliet, IL 60431
(I can take credit cards for payment if you call me or see me in person. 630-209-9452)

Be sure I have your phone number and email address so I can contact you if necessary.

Keep an eye on this post to see the current schedule. I will update it as spots fill in.

2vlm7vp.jpg

http://tinkers-dam.com

https://www.vrbo.com/612837

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I sent Karen Prange, the owner of the Tinkers Dam cabin a copy of the newsletter that contained the recap of this years trip. Today, I got a response.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for sending us your magazine with the write up about the Menominee River and Tinker's Dam. It made our day to see the article, it was great to read how much you and the group enjoy spending time up north on the river. See you next year!

Greg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I returned late Tuesday night after spending 4 fantastic days at the ISA retreat on the Menomonee River.  John Loebach, Alan Sherman, Larry Creekmur, Ed Buric and I couldn't have picked a better 4 days for our north woods trip.  The weather was perfect, the water was at median flow and the giant smallmouth were hungry.  The topwater whopper plopper and weighted streamers  in current were the most successful methods for me.  We all caught a lot of big fish and no one left disappointed.  I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to spend the long weekend with. We had delicious homecooked meals each night we all enjoyed sitting around the fire pit each evening discussing our day's activities and solving all the world's problems.

IMG_1163.jpgIMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

The top water pike bite was hot during our trip as well and I caught this one directly across from the cabin.  They loved the whopper plopper as did the big smallmouth:

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

We saw several large sturgeon during our floats and I  couldn't believe I caught one when I was by myself and snagged one (about 4 feet long) by dorsal fin on way back to boat ramp from lodge on my last float of the trip. I was able to release it with my hemostats with no harm to fish

IMG_1295.jpg

This last float on Tuesday may have been the best fishing of the trip.  Alan had given me a few of a barbless weighted fly he tied that was a variation of the Harry Fodder fly.  Please forgive me Alan but I don't recall the fly'sname.  The smallmouth loved fly and were slamming it on this trip.  I still have to get used to using the barbless hook as I lost several trophy sized smallmouths that threw the hook but I had a blast during the process

.IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1286.jpgIMG_1289.jpgIMG_1274.jpgIMG_1280.jpgIMG_1272.jpgIMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1161 (1).jpg

IMG_1226.JPG

"  We all caught a lot of big fish and no one left disappointed.  I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to spend the long weekend with. We had delicious homecooked meals each night we all enjoyed sitting around the fire pit each evening discussing our day's activities and solving all the world's problems.  "

I could not agree more with Bart. A great group of guys to enjoy some damn good fishing with.

Great reports and some mighty fine catches. I think the fish are happy to be in normal flows and not all that high water they have been contending with the last few years.