EESTI Lure

Pat M

I was given several lures last year a my retirement party. The above in-line spinner with a single hook has proven very effective, so I wanted to locate a store I could buy more. Unfortunately, I could not find any at BP, Cabela's or local tackle shops. The lure came with a fact sheet that listed Family Services Agency Inc. in Elwood IL for comments and catalogs. The phone # given is no longer in service. A Google search finds nothing; the woman who gave me the lure did not no where it was purchased. Does any member of the ISA have any information on this company?

If I remember correctly it was the creation of former K 3 guide Geno Alterrari [sp] I believe it was manufactured by a company employing the handicapped. His son used to own a tackle shop in Braidwood, not sure if it's still in business. They were sold locally in bait shops in the K3 area.

Geno used to write a column for the Outdoor Notebook and he had info on ordering them in the articles. Might check with them or Dan Basore .

I had a bunch, all long since sacrificed to the gods of fishing.

Pat,

A picture of one would help. In-line spinners are fairly easy to assemble from common parts. I could give it a try if I knew what it looked like.

Rooster tail spinners have a willow leaf blade. Mepps and Blue Fox spinners use an Indiana blade. Panther Martins have the shaft through the blade which is a cross between the willow and Indiana. The only spinners that use a Colorado blade that I can think of are musky baits like the double cow girls and bucktail spinners.

That set up is very similar to a lot of in lines we use in the northwest and alaska for coho and kings(size and colors vary obviously) A quick search of janns netcraft or some of the other custom tackle stores and you would be in business making your one and have the abiltiy to customize to fit your needs.

• 4 weeks later...