Fall Fox Float

Ed B

This year let's float the section from Violet Patch Park to Saw Wee Kee park.Meet at Violet Patch Park at 7:30 and we will work our the shuttle logistics from there.

Ed B

http://illinois.home... patch park.cfm

If you would like to participate but don't have a boat Paddle and Trail will be able to accommodate you for this outing.

Talk to Charlie Zine at Paddle and Trail,

http://paddleandtrai...t-us/aurora-il/

We caught a few,nothing fantastic but enough to keep it interesting. That said it was a fantastic outing,the weather was perfect,the color was just starting and the company was great.

While I didn't get an accurate count on all that participated, I believe there were 10 or 12 that took part on Saturday. I was Eugene's guest in his pond hopper and we had a blast. While the water was a little skinny we got through all right even though we lost the use of the trolling motor early on in the float. I caught 3 including one barely longer than the fly I was using.

Had a great time at my first ISA outing. It was great meeting and fishing with some terrific people. I got lost trying to find the Culvers and ended up in St. Charles. I waded there for a few hours and picked up 4 - a 14 in. and 3 smaller. Decided to try my favorite spot in Geneva later in the afternoon and ran into Pat and Corey. Tough fishing but great weather and company. Look forward to fishing with you again John.

Like Mike, I found the fishing tough during my kayak float between the two parks. Did manage to catch two smallies, 14" and 15" on Honey Buzzbait. As others warned the river is very low and had to drag kayak a few times through shallow water. The weather was great and the leaves are starting to change color which made up for the conditions.

r0tjyf.jpg