New Gear Day!

Ben K.

My Dad surprised me with a Gopro camera the other day. Big props to the Pops! I'm beyond excited to see what I do with it, the next step is upgrading the computer and my video editing software. Do we have any other owners on the forums? Mind sharing your experiences or opinions about them?

I have the HD Hero 2. You're basically doing a hail-Mary every time you use it because you can't proof video in the field unless you buy the add-on. Fixed fisheye w no zoom, no proofing. Really bare bones but does shoot decent video. Underwater clarity is OK at best without another add-on. Fun to play around with and since you're already good at editing and creative, I'm sure you'll make some great videos. Editing is way time consuming so I mostly stick to taking photos with my D-SLR. I use my iPhone for shooting quick videos because I can upload direct to YouTube.

iMovie on iPhone / iPad has been my go to app for quick video editing.

Have fun with it. It's all in how much time you're willing to put in. Cool that your pops bought it for you.