Kayaking the Fox?

Ryan Kral

Anybody know if the Fox is decent above the St. Charles Dam. I have only fished it a couple times with the Kayak, but more in the Batavia area. I would like to get out today on the Fox with the Coosa. Any advice on where to put in? As always, not looking for honey holes, just trying to spend more time on the Fox this year, and just curious if its a good enough stretch to spend some time on? Thanks as always, Ryan

Ryan,

I'm not sure how you would define decent. There definitely are smallies in that pool. I would avoid weekends and holidays as I sometimes see power craft out on the water then. I have some experience fishing the area down stream from the South Elgin dam and caught plenty of smallies. And that's open water all the way down to St. Charles. Off of Rt. 31 in St. Charles, I have put in my canoe at Boy Scout Island. Further upstream is BlackHawk Forest Preserve. I have put in there, too. Hope this helps.