Fly Fishing classes/get togethers South

Tom Knable

I am sure there are many of you, like me, who live around the Orland Park,Joliet, Kankakee area who are interested in learning the basics of fly fishing, casting, knots, equipment, etc. Is anyone interested in having some type of classes/get togethers to learn about these things? Maybe we could meet once or twice a month and one of our experienced members could share his/her knowledge?

One of the things Don Rego & I hope to do with meetings this year is move around - specifically try to have a few north & south of the city/west suburbs. March chicagoland meeting is northwest side of Chicago (I90 & harlem) at Coren's rod & reel. South in April at Strictly Fishing in Plainfeild. Farther south - what is a good central spot? Lets hear where you want to meet. The bassbuggers will go where there is interest . A 2nd tying group should get the same support - just need to know how many & where. Thanks john

One of the things Don Rego & I hope to do with meetings this year is move around - specifically try to have a few north & south of the city/west suburbs. March chicagoland meeting is northwest side of Chicago (I90 & harlem) at Coren's rod & reel. South in April at Strictly Fishing in Plainfeild. Farther south - what is a good central spot? Lets hear where you want to meet. The bassbuggers will go where there is interest . A 2nd tying group should get the same support - just need to know how many & where. Thanks john

I'm very interested in attending. I live in Joliet and have been fly fishing and tying for a little over a year now.