Fly reel wanted

Ryan Kral

Hey guys, just thought I would throw this out there. I am purchasing the TFO BVK in a 7wt, and am going back and forth about splurging for a new reel too. Just thought I would see if anyone has good shape reel they are looking to get rid of? Thanks, Ryan

Well, I was goin to be spending a max of about $175 on a new reel, but that was the max, and I'm shopping around. To be honest, I have a couple BPS $40 reels that have been great, but I was going to treat myself a bit, plus those reels only come in black, I would prefer a different finish.

The reels I would part with are exactly what you already have.............cheaper, serviceable and black...........sorry. I will say that I have been very, very happy with the Sage 2000 series reel. I have the largest size for my seven through 10 weight rods and it is light, holds a ton of line and backing, and is pretty to look at. :D You might want to look into that one. Of course, there are a ton of good reels on the market.

Well, I was goin to be spending a max of about $175 on a new reel, but that was the max, and I'm shopping around. To be honest, I have a couple BPS $40 reels that have been great, but I was going to treat myself a bit, plus those reels only come in black, I would prefer a different finish.

A good choice within your price is the Orvis Access Mid Arbor reel.It's good looking, fully machined,lightweight & comes in silver,gold as well as black.

I have a machined aluminum large arbor, Montana Fly reel. It's called the Yellowstone, and has a river rock photo finish. I have several of them NIB. Perfect reel for a 7 wt rod. I'm asking $75 shipped. I'm been using one for full season, without any trouble.

I donated one to the Blowout last year.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.