Bassbugger/GBTU outing Kankakee 10/15

Event Date: 15-October 11 (Single Day Event)

A make up for the August outing missed because of the postponed water willow planting. I have invited some of the GBTU (Libertyville) guys to come catch some bronze fish. Meet at 8:30 at the concession stand in the state park. Open to any members, the river should be in prime fall condition. Hope to see you there as I expect only 4 or so from GBTU, plenty of good water to explore& big fish to catch.

John L

Looking good for this Saturday - anyone else coming? post or pm me.

Thanks

Per the cfs site the rain didn't affect the river which is actually flowing slower than before the rain surprisingly.The bad news is the wind is forecasted to blow at 20+ down the river's length from the west.Flycasting towards the right bank will be necessary to best deal with that wind which will limit where you can fish.

After we broke up at noon (Fishless!). I took Scott and Matt, GBTU guys, up river looking for a spot more out of the wind. Bingo! The fish were on and they picked up smallies, rock bass, and one walleye before I had to leave about 1:30. They stayed on, believers in the 3K.

John, can you contact them to find out how they did after I left?

Got an email that mentioned 2 nice smallies & 1 walleye. Mike H also let me know he found 6 or 7 smallies upstream.Maybe time of day, as water warmed they started to bite. Total 10 attended the outing, 5 GBTU one of them already an ISA member. By next week the fishing should be red hot as the water drops into the 50's. I had a great time - thanks to Mike L & Mike H for helping introduce our guests to wading the Kankakee. Also to Norm for info at the beginning.

John

John

With cooler air/water temps in spring & fall I think the outtings should start later perhaps with a breakfast beforehand.Working stiffs would be anle to sleep in & the fish might be more active later in the day.I'll never forget that way too early October ISA outting on the Foz years ago when we met at around 5am for breakfast before hitting the river at sunrise.Made no sense to be out that early.