Can't Upload Pics

Kev-mo

Tried uploading pics from work the other day and it wouldn't work. Figured it was because they restricted some things when they made some IT changes. Just tried at home and it won't work either. Any ideas why or where I should check to see what is screwed up?

Got a real pretty 18.5 tonight... Also some cool bugs from camping a couple weeks ago.

Tried uploading pics from work the other day and it wouldn't work. Figured it was because they restricted some things when they made some IT changes. Just tried at home and it won't work either. Any ideas why or where I should check to see what is screwed up?

Got a real pretty 18.5 tonight... Also some cool bugs from camping a couple weeks ago.

I had the same problem too but I was able to post after this post with pics. The problem is out website has a maximum that we can host. What I did was go into my history of uploaded files and I delete some old pictures that I sent in PM's. This freed up memory and allowed me to post a few pics. Our site administrator should be able to fix this.

Until then go like you are going to make a post. Under Attach this File there is a section called "help with attaching files". I clicked the blue link and then went into the manage attachment section the left. This allowed me to view every picture I have ever posted on this site. If you delete pictures you have sent in private messages it won't effect past posts and it will free up memory for future pic posts.

Maybe we should all go in there and clean up our old pictures starting with PM'ed pictures to help keep our hosting memory down.

Thanks for the help guys!

I don't have any pics in pm's. According to my attachemnt manager I'm only using 1% of my allotment, unless I'm reading it wrong...

Not a big fan of photobucket as from what I hear pictures end up being moved by themselves, plus really don't want one more thing to manage.

Anyone else? Admin? Eric?

There is a maximum size that you can post at one time. Are the photos taken with a high resolution camera? Try reducing the size of the pictures first or use a third party like Tinypic.com

I reduce all my pics by 75%. I guess like Eric said it's server size. I'll either purge old posts and photos or look into third party photohosting.

It's not the server size. We cleaned out old oversize photos and made lots of room. I also increased the space we are allowed. If it was a server space problem, no one would be able to post photos not just you.

It worked at work today when I did a quick test, however it still won't work at home... Oh well...

Thanks for the help guys!

I don't have any pics in pm's. According to my attachemnt manager I'm only using 1% of my allotment, unless I'm reading it wrong...

Not a big fan of photobucket as from what I hear pictures end up being moved by themselves, plus really don't want one more thing to manage.

Anyone else? Admin? Eric?

Not sure I follow you here K. I currently have 1100 photos on my photobucket account exactly where I put them since 2005. It takes 30 seconds to upload a photo. Then you just copy and paste the url to the forum.