Plastic Post eyes?

Ryan Kral

Hey guys, I'm tying a new fly for me, "Charlies Muskie Angel Streamer". It requires the use of plastic post eyes. In the youtube video, he says he cuts the posts to size, than glues them together with Zap goo, then places them on the hook like you would with a Clouser. I cut the posts to size, but they will not glue together with Zap goo? Am I missing something, my first time using these eyes. Thanks, Ryan

Guest rich mc

we used them ona fly called the murdered muppet demonstrated by Joseph i would place a plastic eye on a folded paper towel flat side up. puta drop of glue in the centerof the eye . stick the other eye with the post on it and spraywith zip kicker. rich

I don't think charlie means to cut them flush with the back of the eye. I would just cut the post so both posts are relatively flat and then glue the posts together with with Loctite ultra gel. When you are done, your eyes should look like dumbell eyes. Then you can wrap them on the hook with the figure eight thread motions.

Guest rich mc

if you can picture a mushroom with a stem similar to a plastic domed eye which all come on stems. the eyes for the murdered muppet had you cut the eye off flat with no stem. then glue the other eye and stem to it.. with jonns comment he is cutting the stems to make a desired width and glue the two stems together. that is wider than just the length of one stem. hope that helps. rich