great smallmouth baits !!!

raymond k

Wanted to tip off members to two great SMB baits. One is the Jackall cross tail shad. Its a 4" bait I use when Iam drop shotting bass relateing to minnow's. I soak the baits in gulp before use. They donot look like much but have been very good for me the last two year. The second plastic is the Jackall I Shad. This bait is a lite line ,highly pressured lake bait. You use it in conjunction with the Jackall nose jig head. It is a stable swiming bait that has a slight bulge in the tail. Its injected with salt,but it is in two sections with the bottom section containing more salt. This helps the bait stay stable. It looks great,you gotta see it. Canot wait to try it at Sylvania this summer. Ray

Hey Ray!

I see your slaying them again on Geneva! I'd be out there too but this has been a very busy year with out much fishing. Just wanted to comment about those cross tail shads, thy are the best dropshot baits period. I have caught more fish on those than any other worm or gulp products. What colors are you using? I use purple wienie and ayu. Thanks for the tip about the Gulp sent. Ill have to give it a try very soon! Keep up the good work and maybe Ill catch ya out there.

Steve

Hey Ray!

I see your slaying them again on Geneva! I'd be out there too but this has been a very busy year with out much fishing. Just wanted to comment about those cross tail shads, thy are the best dropshot baits period. I have caught more fish on those than any other worm or gulp products. What colors are you using? I use purple wienie and ayu. Thanks for the tip about the Gulp sent. Ill have to give it a try very soon! Keep up the good work and maybe Ill catch ya out there.

Steve

Been useing shad,Ayu,and pumpkin. Its become my number one drop shot bait.The only trouble with them are that they are $5 per 8ct bag. The smallmouth rip them to shreds,but I guess thats a small price to pay in the big picture of things. Keep in touch and let me know when your going out to Geneva so I can give you an update. You think they work good now,soak the bag with gulp and see what happens. :)

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to check them out. You won't want to soak them in gulp for your Sylvania trip since they have pretty strict rules on not using scented baits up there. You shouldn't need to. I have found the Sylvania bass to be not as picky as Geneva bass.

Good to know. Been making some small Eakins like finesse jigs for the trip. Cannot wait to go its gonna be fun.

Those baits are similar to Case's "Jack's Worm". Jack's Worms are a bit cheaper at 10 for $3.99. They also are salt loaded so technically not legal in Sylvania either, and they sink like a senko.

Thanks Scott I used to use the mad toms and hellgi's in the K3 all the time. They always have made a good product. Looks like the Sinkin salty minnow and Drop shot worm might be somethings I will check out. The price is nice for sure. Thats the trouble with drop shoting SMB in deep water,you always lose your bait.