Kishwaukee

Chuck Burns

This is my success since I joined up over the winter. This weekend I got out to the Kish both Sat and Sun mornings. I got one smallie on Sat and 2 on Sunday. Remembered my camera on Sunday. If I knew how to post a photo, you'd get to see that they were small but pretty.

Hey Chuck...It's good you got out when you did. The storms last night put the Kish back into chocolate milk mode. Somewhere in these forums there's at least one "Photo posting tutorial" if you really want to post some pics. Were you on the north or south branch?

Two ways to post photos:

1. Use the posting facility provided by this web site. Convenient.

2. Host your pictures on a site like Photobucket. This saves storage in the ISA server. And you can stick pictures right into the text so viewers do not have to click through to see your stuff.

DSCF0159.jpg

I like #2.

Guest Don R

Let it settle for a couple days then try the white spinner bait tight to the shoreline. Or you can vertically jig a plastic tight to shore. Above all else...be careful! Have fun and catch some fish!

This is my success since I joined up over the winter. This weekend I got out to the Kish both Sat and Sun mornings. I got one smallie on Sat and 2 on Sunday. Remembered my camera on Sunday. If I knew how to post a photo, you'd get to see that they were small but pretty.

Pike do seem to be taking over in the upper, skinnier reaches of the Kish. They are just flat out dominating the smallouth for the best habitat. I've fished the Kish for over 30 years and I have yet to unlock the high water mystery. Unlike some other rivers, the Kish is just not a good river to fish in high water. I've fished with a lot of guys and I have yet to see anyone else solve the high water mystery.

It's tough. I think the fact that the Kish is shallow and narrow and really has no eddies to speak of, the smallmouth are just hunkered down behind whatever large rock or tree they can find and are more worried about surviving the high fast current than they are food.

That's just what I think.

It's tough. I think the fact that the Kish is shallow and narrow and really has no eddies to speak of, the smallmouth are just hunkered down behind whatever large rock or tree they can find and are more worried about surviving the high fast current than they are food.

That's just what I think.

High water = dabbling?