Good book on small streams

Norm M

I would recommend that those that like small streams read The Orvis Guide to Small Stream Fly Fishing by Tom Rosenbauer. Don't be put off by the words Orvis or Fly Fishing as it has information that is useful to any one that fishes small streams regardless of the type of gear you use. Ton Rosenbauer is a man who understands current and more importantly can explain what he knows.

If you don't have the money to spare on books, get it thru the inter library loan system. The copy I'm returning today came from the DeKalb Public Library.

If you don't have the money to spare on books, get it thru the inter library loan system. The copy I'm returning today came from the DeKalb Public Library.

I'm curious to know if the libraries in Kankakee will get books for you from other libraries or did you drive to DeKalb to check out a book?

Just checked the Northbrook Public Library online and found the following four sources where this book is available, but currently checked out or on order.

Algonquin Area Library - MainItem on orderON ORDER 1/27/11Item on orderGlencoe Public LibraryJohnson Room799.124 ROSMaterial has been checked outMay 18, 2011Lake Villa District LibraryAdult items new to the collection799.124 ROSENBAUERMaterial has been checked outMay 14, 2011Winnetka (Winnetka-Northfield PLD)14 Day Books799.124 ROSMaterial has been checked outMay 14, 2011

I'm curious to know if the libraries in Kankakee will get books for you from other libraries or did you drive to DeKalb to check out a book?

Scott,

It was sent to my library in Bourbonnais and I dropped it off there as well. That's the beauty of it, you order from the Prairrie Cat system and when it becomes availible it's shipped to your home library. Free, well supported by my tax dollars, but it's a great use of my tax dollars.