Rod Holder

JimR

This is my new homemade rod-holder. I still have a couple more baitcasters to string and add but it's up and ready. Works like a beauty (a bit ugly though). I imagine I'll get around to sanding and finishing it someday. Just about have all of my poles restrung, bought the wife a vest for the canoe, and a few new lures to play with, and have my first couple of spots planned out. I'm ready for wading again. Hmmm? Sorry for that. Not sure why the photo posted so big. Any suggestions? Guess you'll have to zoom out to 50% for now.

I would have to run that the length of my garage to hold all the rods I have. :) :) :) :) It is very nice and will serve a purpose. I want to put one overhead in my garage above the boat. I can reach them and they are still out of the way.

I hear yah. Once I get my other Baitcsters up and replace my older son's recently broken rod it will be full. But I don't need the entire garage wall . Yet:D. One thing that's hard to do for a fisherman is getting rid of old fishing stuff. I imagine it will accumulate.

Is that my spiderman combo on the left. I have been looking for that. nice rod holder though.

If you want a cheap means to hang the rods from the ceiling. Tie two ropes with equal size loop knots

along there lenghts then attach to the ceiling. The more rods you have suspending, the more you will have to

attach to the ceiling. I also reccomend if you hang ten rods or more add a tensioner rope so the loop ropes cant

spread to far and drop half the rods on my head. Oops, i mean your head.

What are them thar blue things on the top part? It kind of looks like the rod is suppose to go through them to kind of hold the upper part of the rod?

The one with the bobber thru me a bit. Might I suggest foam pipe insulation instead.

It's a foam simming pool noodle cut into 4in sections then slit down the middle. I screwed them from the inside into the board. Yes, the rods get pushed into the cut in the foam noodle and it seals back up once the rod is in the middle. Works perfect, and doesn't damage the rod or the line.