4th Monday Bassbuggers Fly Tie

coryg

Hello Fellow Bassbuggers,

The season opener of our 4th Monday Fly Tie takes place next Monday, September 27th, 2010. Thanks to Joseph Meyer, it will continue to meet at ONE MORE CAST in Countryside, IL. Meet at 6pm and start to tie at 6:30pm.

Our fly tying subject will be the Barteaux Minnow. This is the fly featured in Tim Landwehr's talk at the Bronzeback Blowout which was designed by Tim's brother, Bart.

Michael Taylor has been practicing up on this pattern and will be teaching the pattern on Monday night.

Hope to see a good turnout and a good start to our fly tying season.

coryg

Cory . . . for those of us fly tyers like me who work and/or live too far away to participate, what's the chance of starting a new post on our Bassbuggers website with instructions about patterns tied by you fortunate ISA colleagues who can attend?

Cory . . . for those of us fly tyers like me who work and/or live too far away to participate, what's the chance of starting a new post on our Bassbuggers website with instructions about patterns tied by you fortunate ISA colleagues who can attend?

That's a great suggestion, Steve.

An idea I had some time back to promote the Bassbuggers with your own page on the site.

I have the technological skills to get something done in that regard.

Here is the deal-breaker....

Our coordinators have the skills necessary to promote these events and organize, but may lack in some technical skills needed at the meeting site to put something like this together.

It takes somebody with the knowledge of photographing, taking detailed notes on the process, submitting them to me in the proper format for publication and then me doing the work to put it all together.

I'm the only full-time webmaster we currently have that can make changes to the site on the fly.

Did I mention I'm also the Conservation Director?

Now, of course it could be done by simply posting in a forum, but there again, somebody with knowledge of doing that with photos, as well as the work required on the site....

See where this gets complicated quickly?

Got anyone in mind for the task?

Like Mike says - it's WAYYYY too technical for me.

However, it I can find some links that demo/teach the pattern du jour, I could talk to Mike about posting those.

This will take some thought.

coryg