Fall Fox Float

This year we will float a different section of the Fox than we have done previously.This year we will float the section from Yorkville to Silver Springs State Park rather than the lower section.Hopefully though not as scenic the fishing will be much better on this stretch of river :rolleyes:.

We will meet 7:00 AM at Freeman Sports,129 Hydraulic Street Yorkville Il.We should begin our car shuttle around 7:30 and hopefully be on the river by 8:00 AM.

For those that would like to rent a canoe or kayak freeman has them available.You can reserve one by calling freeman Sports at 630 553 0515.

This is always a fun trip and Fall is always the best time of the year to be on the river

Ed Buric

well any body want to split a canoe with me?

Freeman's also rents solo kayaks. I've paddled them before (the kayaks that is) and they're easy to paddle and very stable.

I'm trying to figure out if I can do this. I have my own kayak, but Is anyone else bringing theirs so that we can leave one vehicle at the take out point?

There will be vehicles shuttled down to the finish point. Your vehicle could be one of the ones shuttled down or you can get a ride at the end of the float.

John L,RonK,Eugene C and myself were the 4 members that participated,needless to say we were all disappointed that we did not get to see the now infamous wenona.unfortunately there are no pictures due to [a] man rule #17 I didn't want to expose my camera to the pouring rain [c] the lightning was playing havoc with my auto focus. That being said,this was probably the most enjoyable outing I have been on this year.

After we got off the river we all stopped for a very enjoyable lunch.

Ed B

P.S

never mind what the weatherman says bring your rain jacket

I had a blast. minus the ?weather? Nice stretch of water, would enjoy fishing there again.

Hole hopped the fox on the way home. Couple more smallies caught in Montgomery, North Aurora,

Batavia. Caught a decent largemouth in Geneva. Started misting by the time i made it to St. Chas.

Decided that was enough for one day. Ill be out again tomorrow. Fox hasnt came up to much.

John L,RonK,Eugene C and myself were the 4 members that participated,needless to say we were all disappointed that we did not get to see the now infamous wenona.unfortunately there are no pictures due to [a] man rule #17 I didn't want to expose my camera to the pouring rain [c] the lightning was playing havoc with my auto focus. That being said,this was probably the most enjoyable outing I have been on this year.

After we got off the river we all stopped for a very enjoyable lunch.

Ed B

P.S

never mind what the weatherman says bring your rain jacket

Ed

Re your PS the next time I state an opinion in this forum and somebody tells me I'm all "wet" you guys can feel free to shake your heads in agreement. :D