The Dells area

Guest airbornemike

Guest airbornemike

Long story short, I'm gonna be stuck in one of those god forsaken water parks for two nights. I was wondering if any members know of any water up there I can car hop around on for a couple morning excursions?

I think they rent boats at the state park just down the road, really nice clear lake with a great weed edge. Also there is dam downtown on the Wisconsin River with shore fishing. There are smallmouth, northern, walleye and catfish in the river. Riversedge resort has a great bait shop and shore fishing access as well. All these places are within 10 minutes of the water parks.

Have fun!

They have had a LOT of rain up there and the Wisconsin River is very high and muddy, as are most tributaries. My buddy Kevin & I had a smallmouth trip planned for this Friday on the river & we had to postpone due to water levels. Your best bet is lakes & ponds.

Brian

Mike,

There are some good trout streams within 90 minutes of the Dells in Marquette and Waushara counties, which are to the northwest of the Dells. The Sand Country streams in that area are pretty unique, with slow moving, crystal clear water and sand stream bottoms. If you decide to fish there, take a short fly rod or practice your roll casting, because these streams have overgrown banks. PM me if you want more information.

I assume the state park Dan R referred to is Devil's Lake. It is a deep, clear lake. If you haven't been there, it is beautiful. Scuba divers frequent it because of depth and clarity. I have seen some nice LMB caught there. 10 or 15 minutes south of the Dells.

Gregg

Mike,

The Lemonweir River, below the dam in Mauston is an option. At one time it was a morning bite bonanza but I have not done as well in recent years. I was there a few months ago, did well on a J9 chartreuse rap. I did get a 19", but that was around '04. I've caught pike and nice gills. Saw a huge, huge LM caught on a sucker (and get bucketed)

Unfortunatly I wont be there this weekend or I'd show you around. Worth checking out if other options don't pan out.

Fishing can be good in New Lisbon also, but you are getting into more a drive.

Good luck

Mark

Guest airbornemike

Mike,

When are you going to be up there? I will be stuck up there with a bunch of non-fishermen for Labor day weekend.

Tim

Going this weekend Tim, thanks for the offer.

Guest airbornemike

Gents thanks for all the responses, I think I'll try Devils lake for an AM bite. Asherman I think them creeks is gonna be blown out, plus I'm a Bass snob :P

Lake Delton has fish in it once again! They have stocked many large fish from other area lakes along with the avg. starter dinks. We have relatives that live on the lake and have been getting very good reports on high numbers of 16 inch walleye and decent sized crappie. The Bass are on avg. 10-14 inches.