Crankbait Rod suggestions

Rod S

I'm looking to buy a crankbait rod. I've done some research but would like some additional input. I've looked at the Quantum KVD rod, TKVD7106M, but haven't settled on anything yet.

Recommendations?

Tough to beat the Gloomis crankbait rods. If you want tons of reviews go to Tackletour.com. They are a great source of info. You can also order and price a lot of rods on Tacklewahrehouse.com. Get any rod at the lowest price with free shipping.Ray

I'm looking to buy a crankbait rod. I've done some research but would like some additional input. I've looked at the Quantum KVD rod, TKVD7106M, but haven't settled on anything yet.

Recommendations?

I run a similar rod but the 7'4 Tour KVD. I like it a lot for deeper diving cranks (10ft+). The only bad thing about it is that it is hard to snap weeds off the cranks when you get them stuck. But great for open water banging them on the bottom. Hope this helps.

Steve

Guest rich mc

i casted a friends carrot stick this spring very light weight and good feel they run about $150. he fishes alot and now has 4-5 carrot sticks in both spinning and baitcasting. another friend bought a skeet reese rod[ yellow] he doesnt like it. rich

I'm not much of a unitasker when it comes to rods, but I love my st. croix premier medium light 6'6" triggerstik. It's a fast action, but is light enough in the tip to give it some shock absorbtion when running cranks. I've had it for quite awhile, but I think they run about $110 now.