Membership Meeting Nov. 7, 6pm

Our first meeting this winter features ISA member Dan Basore, collector and expert on vintage fishing tackle & techniques. He has for years appeared at the major sports shows with his historical displays. Dan has also consulted Bass Pro on store displays & authored many articles in Midwest Outdoors & other magazines. His presentation will focus on smallmouth bass including his interview with the angler who caught the 10lb. plus smallie (16lb. test record fish) last year in the Midwest. Bring your questions or your old gear/ lures for Dan to fill you in on. At the Bass Pro in Bolingbrook upstairs meeting room. Don't miss this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Basore's presentation was outstanding. This was my first experience getting to see him give the full show in front of an attentive crowd.

A natural born speaker, who really knows how to give a compelling story.

Many thanks to John Loebach for setting this up, and to all our members and potential new ones that came out on such a beautiful evening.

As promised, Dan gave us the story of the 10 lb 4 oz smallie, but, to respect the wishes of the gentleman who caught it, we are not allowed to share the details except to say that the guy knew what he was doing, and knows how and where to catch HUGE smallies. One thing I can say is that it was no coincidence that the remainder of Dan's talk focused on using live bait for really big bass.

I must thank Dan Basore for taking time to come and talk. We are truly fortunate to have Dan as an ISA member. He was one of the original BASS tournament fishermen. I would love to listen to him tell us more stories about those early days on the tournament trail and and his time fishing with many of the legendary anglers.

Very intresting seeing the lures he brought. Those were what they used to catch smallies.<_< I would definetly listen to Dan tell some more about being an early tournament fisherman. Original life member of B.A.S.S. Thats somebody I think would be fun to fish with.