Breakfast at Baba's in Shorewood

Gary L

I am coming into town for my yearly visit with family and friends and want to meet with my old ISA fishing friends at Baba's in Shorewood like I did last year and past years. I figure we can meet at about 7:00am and if mother nature has a mind to stop raining we may even get to fish the DuPage River afterwords. I would like to see as many of my good friends as possible and those that don't know me come on out too as we have a good time and pass some tall stories.

Looking forward to seeing you all out at Baba's on Saturday morning July 18, 2009 at about 7:00am. I will be there early I suppose having coffee and hoping someone remembers me and comes out for breakfast. Baba's is at Route 52 and route 59 in Shorewood, Il. Just head south on I-55 and exit at route 52 and it is about 2 blocks to the right off the interstate on the corner.

I'll shoot for a vacation day. I'm packing my SAS survival kit as there will likely be a tornadic blizzard followed by a freezing drought. The Dupe will run dry, cats and dogs will lie down together, Jim J will buy breakfast for all and other end of the world portents but it should be a good discussion at breakfast.

I hope it is going to be more then Me, Norm, Nick, and Don Rego. I guess the rest of you are just going to surprise me. That's it you all gonna surprise me. Actually I am just putting this back to the top so more may see it and come out for breakfast and Bull Session.

Gary,you are the first ISA member that I ever met.We fished Powerton Lake in the winter if you remember.Also bumped into John Graham down there.It wasn't a great fishing day but the company and conversation was.I have the day penciled in,hopefully nothing will come up to change it. Bill

I di remember that trip William! It was an interesting trip and running into Jonn was a special treat. I remember you guys laughing at my Twister Tail Grub with the rubber band legs. I caught a Smallie on it though. Those were good times for sure. That is why I enjoy meeting for breakfast when I come in town.

Hey Norm! Need to get Phil to come up also. I talked to him a few months ago but haven't seen him in a couple years.

I ran off and forgot my waders but I got a Rod Reel and some Sliders with Slider Worms so I am ready to try and catch some fish. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

I ran off and forgot my waders but I got a Rod Reel and some Sliders with Slider Worms so I am ready to try and catch some fish. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

I'll bring some spares, bring some shoes you don't care about!

:P

I waded about a couple hundred yards and got four Bass Don. You missed a good Breakfast and some great conversation. Nick, thanks for the spare waders they worked out very well.

It was great to meet with everyone again this year for Breakfast, conversation and some fine fishing. Friends are always good to make a visit back home memorable.