K3 outing 6-28

Norm M

The NIAA's Kankakee River Derby starts tomorrow[Friday] , if you are coming to the outing be prepared for larger than normal weekend crowds.

The outing has been canceled due to the river raging at 5,400 cfs, and another inch of rain predicted for tonight. With the water that high and fast, and the recent rain, the banks are going to be very slippery to try and walk safely. Again, retaining our members' health and safety is more important than catching a few fish.

We're tentatively rescheduling for July 5th.... weather permitting! Keep watching the calendar.

Jim,

Holiday weekend as well as last weekend of the K3 derby, even bigger crowds. It will require some walking to get away from most of them. Bring plenty of liquids and pack some plastic grocery bags as there will be plenty of trash along the way.

Jim,

Holiday weekend as well as last weekend of the K3 derby, even bigger crowds. It will require some walking to get away from most of them. Bring plenty of liquids and pack some plastic grocery bags as there will be plenty of trash along the way.

Norm . . . I distincly remember Kankakee sponsoring an annual "fishing derby", including an entry fee, whereby the city tagged and released lots of different fish species. Those adults and youth who were lucky enough to catch a tagged fish received a prize. Is this the "K3 Derby" you're referring to . . . or was this program discontinued owing the faltering economy?

Thanks . . . how do I get promotional materials about the event? In the past the sponsors have mailed me flyers and registration forms automatically . . . but to date, I have receive no info this year.