Winnebago Co. Forest Preserve District

I recently contacted Mike Groves, Natural Resource Manager of the Winnebago Co. F.P. District. I explained to him what the ISA is and offered our "services" if he had any future projects that needed manpower. There are no pending projects needing our assistance, but he did seem open to suggestions.

The Kish (N. and S.) runs through a bunch of WCFPD parks, including Deer Run, Oak Ridge, Espenscheid, Blackhawk Springs, Kishwaukee Forest Preserve, and Atwood. If you see any areas that need attention, please let me know. I will stay in touch with Mike, and see if we can establish a working relationship with him and his staff.

Great idea! Before moving to Winnebago Co., we lived in DuPage Co. ISA had great rapport with the FPD there, so I am sure this will work out well.

Jude,

Is Potawattami Preserve in Winnebago county or DeKalb?

We have a relationship with that county that goes back to the original logjam project. We were given a key to the gate before it was open to the public. Must be DeKalb or the guy you talked to would have known about that previous relationship.

Gregg

We've worked with Terry several times in the past. I'll give him a call and see if there are any specifics regarding Owens Creek.