Winter Smallie

Guest rockfordfishing

Guest rockfordfishing

What would you say is the best tech for fishing these cold water smallies. (midwest Feb). I really have the open water itch and cant wait til tomorrow (58 degress) almost feels like a heat wave.

Heading out on the Rock River to try for some early smallies. Am I wasting my time?

Luke

Guest rockfordfishing
you arnt wasting time if you learn something. i suggest a float n fly rig or circle hook and aminnow on a bobber. or a white spinnerbait.good luck rich

Thanks Rich.

Do you know if I am allowed to post tourney information on the forums?

No we prefer that you do not post tournament information here on our forums. We also ask that you follow the registration agreement and register using your real name instead of an alias. Thanks.

I did re-register and I now just saw this post after I asked to post tourney info. Sorry won't happen again.

Can I submit the information for the calendar of events?

Thanks Luke

Luke,

Check out some of the cold water fishing posts when you get a chance. There are some guys here who can get some fish almost all winter. I think you would need to do a forum search with cold water in it.

Thanks for re-registering.

Jim

I went out today for a couple hours and the river gods weren't kind. I lost two lures and never got a bite. Of course, just because it was nice out of the water, the river was up 2ft and no visability whatsoever. Water temp was 48. Gotta love the east branch! ;)

Nice to see the temp that hi.I went to fish the Dupe yesterday too but when I saw the river was up and very dirty I just put the fishing stuff away and returned to the couch.