help rigging solo canoe

seanf

hey guys, I am new to the forum and am hoping to learn a little more about catching smallies in small streams and creeks. Just purchased a solo canoe from Dicks sporting goods { kay-noe, or old town disc 119} and was wondering if anyone has any rigging suggestions for me. Been searching the web and a number of guys in southern states suggest moving the seat more toward center and lowering it. Any rigging, or modification suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Sean

hey guys, I am new to the forum and am hoping to learn a little more about catching smallies in small streams and creeks. Just purchased a solo canoe from Dicks sporting goods { kay-noe, or old town disc 119} and was wondering if anyone has any rigging suggestions for me. Been searching the web and a number of guys in southern states suggest moving the seat more toward center and lowering it. Any rigging, or modification suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Sean

sorry, maybe I should have put this post in gear and techn. , Sean

I would look into an anchor pulley system. That would be the only major modification I would make until I got in on the water and saw how it performs. You could look at different accessories like a good highback seat, a quality PFD, paddles, and make sure to get it registered with the state of IL.

thanks for suggestions, was already thinking about a anchor trolley, would like to make one that can be removed and put on my yak.

Kayakfishing.com has an area that shows various rigged kayaks. Good site.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, that's my thread! Post some picks when you can, I will do the same.

Here are some initial pics.

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

The lowered seat.

DSC00090.jpg

And the reason I got mine for $50 off. It is missing the "FI" from field and stream.

DSC00089.jpg

And of course, my first fish out of it. January 3rd 2009.

bass1.jpg

Guest airbornemike

Almost bought this boat but I'm go'n with a different type, when i was research'n it almost everyone moves the seat forward and lowers it. I'd install an anchor system if your us'n it on the local flows, retractable dog leash type with a drag chain set up.

check here http://www.americanriverfishing.com/southc...topic.php?t=554

and here http://georgiariverfishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8245

this board could use a non motorized boatin section!