Looking to purchase some Sneaky Petes

Jonn Graham

I really like the action of the Sneaky Pete. I was wondering the best place to purchase some, or maybe some of you bassbuggers out there maybe make some that I could purchase?

I see Cabelas has them for $5 apiece. Is this a normal price???? Please help as I only have one sneaky pete in my arsenal and you know what happens when you only have one.

I really like the action of the Sneaky Pete. I was wondering the best place to purchase some, or maybe some of you bassbuggers out there maybe make some that I could purchase?

I see Cabelas has them for $5 apiece. Is this a normal price???? Please help as I only have one sneaky pete in my arsenal and you know what happens when you only have one.

Jonn,

Vert good fly for low clearwater. $5 per 2 not apiece from C abelas.Get a cupl packs in size 2 in black and a cupl in chartreuse.

Alright, after finding on the net the instructions for making a Sneaky Pete, I think i want to make my own. Problem is I cannot find the proper bodies for that particular slider/topwater bug. Every foam body I find has a concave head for popping. Where in the heck do I get the bodies for the Sneaky Pete? I want the size 2 and four.

Oh yeah, duh, I never thought of that. Thanks Ron............I feel stupid now. I have some popper bodies at home. Looks like Sneaky Petes will be in plans for tonite.

Ron has it right. Turn the popper body around and you have it. You can make your own from foam or cork. Depending on the size and color you want, you might try Bass Pro Shops. They have them but only in one size at the store. They might have more available online. You'll have to check.

Hey Jonn...PM me your address and I'll send you a few Jude Bugs. I fish them in slider mode most of the time, much like a Sneaky Pete. I don't have any tied right now, but I need an excuse to knock the rust off of my vise.

John you might try T. Hargrove Fly Fishing in St. Louis...I usually order a 3-4 dozen Pete's from him every year. FWIW, you can even get them in custom colors if you order by the dozen..the price is better too.

Otherwise, its not to hard to make poppers out of Balsa, or foam. It just takes a lot of time and a bit of fly tying ability. Cheers.

Jonn,

If you're interested I can tie up what you need, but it will be in foam not balsa. I can tie them any way you like - with or without the rubber legs, color of your choice (I can even vary the color by using white and colring it to your specifications). I can use marabou, rubber, bucktail, feathers, or a combination of the aforementioned materials for the tail.

Drop me an e-mail with what you want, quantity, sizes, and when you need them.

If you want to call me to discuss it, drop me an e-mail or pm with your number.