Fishing report 6/30-7/4

ronk

Fished 4 days last week. The middle 2 produced only a few small smb. The bookend days were better.On Monday after no luck fishing a Zonker I switched to a bassbug and caught 4 in 1" increments from 14"-17".

Fished the same stretch the same way on Friday catching a few small ones and hitting 3 nice ones losing 1 and catching 2 at 16" + 17.5".There were fish both along the banks and in midriver.Working the banks is more enjoyable as it involves making accurate casts to likely looking spots rather than just casting randomly to midriver.Being a holiday I expected to see more people but was surprised at how many were floating the river. Most were just paddling not fishing.I met a fellow ISAer bank fishing. In just the short time he fished he caught a 15" on a twister tail.

Wading opportunities are now more limited unless you"re as big as John L. due to the vast amount of weeds raising the water to levels uncomfortable or impossible for wading.

G'd weeds!

Wading opportunities are now more limited unless you"re as big as John L. due to the vast amount of weeds raising the water to levels uncomfortable or impossible for wading.

G'd weeds! Good fish, Ron. Better than Josh or I could find on Saturday. Weeds were not that bad where we were. I must dispute the notion that the river rises when I step in.

Ron,

I don't know what kind of fly you would use but been finding fish on the lifts. Hit the spot right before it rises and right where it drops. Fish feeding in the slack zone at those spots.

John,

It's kinda neat being big enough to create our own current breaks and catch fish in them.