I just had to share this

Scott Ferguson

Mark, you are right, it's in Bonita Springs. I'm typing this sitting outside, wearing shorts, with the Gulf of Mexico lapping the shoreline just a few feet from my chair. 80 degrees the projected high today.

I took this picture last night.

313408p.jpg

I'm sitting in my warm kitchen looking at your picture, reading about the warm temps.... it's -4 w/ -20 wind chill, one hand wrapped like a club, couldn't fish if I wanted to.... thinking to myself.... "You SUCK Scott!" :P;)

Close the laptop and go catch some fish! :lol:

Mark, you are right, it's in Bonita Springs. I'm typing this sitting outside, wearing shorts, with the Gulf of Mexico lapping the shoreline just a few feet from my chair. 80 degrees the projected high today.

I took this picture last night.

313408p.jpg

Scott-

Lovers key. A stones throw away. You can rent a yak or fish from shore. Not sure how its is this time of year, but certainly worth a try.

Have a margarita for me.

Mark, I'm staying at the Lover's Key Beach Club. We walk across the street and we're in the park.

This is a view of Lover's Key State Park from our room

ibe8mu.jpg

Fishing around here at this time of year is pretty slow. There are dozens of guys fishing within view of our room and nobody is catching anything except for the guy who I saw catch a seagull last night.

I had a guide approach me the other day. $385 for one day. The back bays are still too cool and the snook and redfish are not very active yet.

Oh man, I am jealous.

I lost a really nice snook and caught 14" jack cravelle that fought like a 3 lb smallie about 40 yards off that bridge but that was in May. I spent hours just walking around there, a kid in a candy store.

A big manatee surfaced right near me. It was the size of a VW bug. We saw dolphins right in the shore, not 10 feet from us.

I was wading that surf at the end a really big shark fin surfaced. One of the locals saw it and said it was probbably a hammerhead.

Most of the locals i talked to had much higher standards. I always bring my smallie tackle and just use that. Personally, I am entertained to death catching anything salt water.

Never caught anything huge, but the sheer novelty kept me entertained for hours. The last time we were there, i could not bring myself to leave. My wife literally had to drag me off that very beach . We almost missed our flight and my shoes were loaded with sand when I landed in Chicago.

Eric M. stays out there too and knows that stretch. Both of us agree, taht would be an awesome place to live.

ughh...I need a vacation.